[Bf-committers] Blender 2.93 Released!

Ryan Inch mythologylover75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 07:17:28 CEST 2021

After thinking some more on this, I can see why this is appealing,
however, Blender is in the unique position of including add-ons as an
integral part.  This makes it more inclusive than other software and
provides a good way to onboard new, Blender, developers.  An online
repository for non-bundled, free add-ons and other things Blender
related could be worth pursuing, and to this end I have a couple questions.

Is there a design task with ideas for the potential add-ons repository?
Are you hoping to have this repository up and running for the 3.0 release?

And referring back to my initial inquiries:
Unless the intention is to remove the bundled add-ons from Blender
before the 3.0 release, would it be possible to update the credit gen
script to include the add-ons repository?  After playing around with it
for a bit, I was able to modify the script to include the add-ons
repository fairly easily, but I'm not familiar with the entire process,
so I'm wondering if there is a technical limitation I'm unaware of that
has prevented add-ons from being included with the rest of the credits?

In which bcon does the marketing team start looking through the wiki
release notes to compile the fancy release notes and how long after that
is the wiki monitored for updates?

Thanks.
Ryan