[Bf-committers] Google Summer of Code 2021

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 31 14:58:45 CET 2021

Hi everyone,

I have completed the application forms. The biggest change in 2021 is
that student projects will be possible asĀ  part-time activity for 10
weeks, averaging 175 hours total (3 hours per day).

That also means that project ideas have to become quite much smaller. We
have until Friday February 19th to complete a good ideas page.

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/GSoC/Ideas_Suggestions

Note: only active members of one of the Blender module teams (candidate
mentors) add ideas there. Discuss or check it with them if you have
ideas. Also read the Ideas list guidelines:

https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list

It's possible to define ideas that are risky, explorative, prototypes or
offer new perspecitves.
Also infrastructure/automation tasks are possible.

Let me or Dalai know if you want to be added as a mentor.

Thanks,

-Ton-