[Bf-committers] Documentation branching during bcon3

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Fri Jan 15 16:15:35 CET 2021

Hi,

I would like to propose a short term solution for handling the branching of
the documentation while we are still using SVN there.

During bcon3 we create a new branch in SVN for the upcoming release. This
branch will be what will eventually be tagged as the final documentation
for a given release. Master is then open for the documentation of the new
features.

So far this all matches what we do for the Blender code repository. Now for
the difference:

- We only merge 2.92 into master AFTER it is finally released. As oppose to
do it every so often.

Nothing prevents the documentation team to do the merge often. But unlike
the main blender source code we won't expect the documentation
collaborators to handle that.

Regards,
-Dalai-