[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2021.01.11

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Tue Jan 12 22:43:47 CET 2021

Hi Jeroen,

>  I would propose to clean up the task list and perform the backports this
week.

Compared to the previous corrective releases I don't find the number of
commits (33) absurd. For comparison:

* 2.90.1 had 39 commits [1]
* 2.83.1 had 33 commits [2]
* 2.82a had 25 commits [3]
* 2.81 had 13 commits [4]
* 2.79a had 202! commits [5]

All the commits for 2.91.1 were suggested by developers actively involved
in the project. So I would rather we try to trust their judgment and apply
them all. That said it is not hard to cherry-pick the most pressing fixes
(crashes and regressions) while leaving some good-to-have behind (transform
tools and uv pin drawing). But I don't see the ultimate benefit of doing
that, all considered.

[1] -
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.90/Corrective_Releases
[2] - https://www.blender.org/download/lts/