[Bf-committers] Blender 2.93 Targets

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Thu Feb 25 13:00:05 CET 2021

Hi Harley,
Thanks for your contributions and your direct involvement with the UI (User
Interface)  module.

In fact the UI module is still holding meetings, and those topics could
have been easily presented there. Julian Eisel is acting as coordinator,
and can facilitate things moving forward until there is someone in the role
of module owner.

* D8084, D10419 - are changes on existing behavior and thus should have
their design approved before it lands. Usually that means going through the
module owner(s) for approval. For the time being that means the module
needs to find a way organize and present them to Ton to get his approval. I
believe Julian is already working on ways to organize that.

Also keep in mind that this dynamic will work better if the module can
organize ahead of time a few tasks it wants to prioritize, and have them
presented. This helps also for community involvement.

Finally, a change on a feature like join/close areas should try to involve
its original developer. In that sense, even with module owner the D8084
patch would have to go through Ton.

* D10469, D10470, D10483 - a bugfix by definition is considered a valid
todo and part of the approved module agenda.

The only thing that may keep some of this (D10483) hanging is if it is
really low priority/corner case. Modules that have too many open issues are
encouraged to tag the low priority issues as known issues.

As well as more clearly communicate good pre-approved todos to be tackled
by the module team. This way the contributors and reviewers can make sure
that their time is well spent on the issues and projects that are the most
relevant.

Best regards,
-Dalai-
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands