[Bf-committers] where to put a new modifier

darkdefende at gmail.com darkdefende at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 11:12:14 CET 2021

On Sun, Dec 05, 2021 at 03:23:18AM +0100, bjornmose via Bf-committers wrote:
> There is no C++ prototype template for plugging in a new modifier.
> So I would kindly ask for a hint where to start with a new modifier.

Your modifier can be written in C++, however you will have to use the
modifier C API to interact with the rest of Blender.

You can create a copy of the current softbody modifier and start from
there.

> I'd like to refactor the soft body module. AFAIK it is preferred to do
> new things in C++. So I'd like to do so.

I think you could talk to me first before you do anything.
I'm the current module owner of that part of the code.

I've been reading up on a lot of papers and trying to figure out on
where to go next to get better cloth and softbody simulations.
If you are planning to work in this area I would really like us to
discuss things and come up with a plan.

I think the best would be if you could contact me on blender.chat.
(I'm ZedDB (Sebastian Parborg) on there).

Hope to hear from you soon!
/Sebastian Parborg