[Bf-committers] The Story Of My Attempts At Contributing Code To Blender

lumpengnom at posteo.de lumpengnom at posteo.de
Tue Aug 17 09:47:25 CEST 2021

Hi Ryan and Dalai,

I would like to chime in regarding the "thousands of collections" use
case:
When importing CAD geometry it is very common to have a hierarchy of
collections in the hundreds or thousands of collections.
Since this hierarchy is useful for organisational purposes it is often
preferable to keep this hierarchy intact instead of spending time on
re-organizing the scene.
A performance boost for scenes with lots of collections would therefore
be very welcome.

Best Regards
Johannes (Lumpengnom)