[Bf-committers] MacBook Pro 2020 +eGPU +RX5700xt +Blender Cycles Problem

Jake Juip jakejuip at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 15:21:27 CEST 2021

Hello Blender,

Yesterday I received the Razer Core X <https://egpu.io/go/razercorex> with an AMD RX5700 <https://egpu.io/go/amdrx5700> XT Graphics card to use with Blender 2.92. Unfortunately, Cycles will not recognize this eGPU in the Blender System Cycles render device Preferences.

Whenever I instruct Cycles to render with my GPU Compute device, my Mac's fans start whirring, indicating that my integrated GPU is rendering, and not my eGPU.

Does anyone know how to render with an eGPU?

Thanks!

-Jake

MacBook Pro <https://egpu.io/go/macbookpro> Mid 2020, 13.3 Inch MacBookPro16,2 Quad-Core Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4

eGPU: Razer Core X <https://egpu.io/go/razercorex> eGPU Chasis