[Bf-committers] 10 years of Cycles!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Apr 19 17:46:54 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

This Friday 23 April, it's 10 years ago that Cycles was announced by
Brecht Van Lommel. "Modernizing shading and rendering" is still one of
the most iconic blog posts at the Blender website.

https://code.blender.org/2011/04/modernizing-shading-and-rendering/

Cycles has contributed significantly to Blender's success. My thanks
goes to Brecht and everyone who worked on it in the past decade!

As a special birthday event, we will host a live stream this Friday (17h
CEST). Brecht van Lommel and Sergey Sharybin will be interviewed by
Pablo Vazquez. With a surprise! Mark it in your calendars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awMjwhJVRMw

-Ton-