[Bf-committers] Now at 2.93 Bcon3 (and 3.0 Bcon1)

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Thu Apr 15 18:50:01 CEST 2021

Hi all,

We have now entered the next phase of the release cycle. The focus for bug
fixing is on the 2.93 beta.

We are also starting the 3.0 release cycle. This will be the first release
with the new version numbering system:
https://code.blender.org/2020/02/release-planning-2020-2025/

There are some pending issues on how we parse the version number. The
official task to keep track of these is:
https://developer.blender.org/T87532

--

For more details on how the new overlapping release cycles work, see here:
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Release_Cycle

In short, Blender 2.93 now continues in the blender-v2.93-release branch,
for bug fixing only. Blender 3.0 development started in the master branch,
for new features.

For more details on how to commit and merge, see here:
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Using_Stabilizing_Branch

During bcon3 patch review is highly encouraged. Please try to get a pair of
eyes on your changes before they are sent to blender-v2.93-release. For
bcon4 (May 19) patch review is mandatory in the release branch.

Best regards,
-Dalai-