[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.9.14

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Mon Sep 14 23:57:22 CEST 2020

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Monday, 21 September 11:00 CEST / 9:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
blender.chat.

For the complete report read it on:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/14-september-2020/15246

Announcements
=============
* Particles workshop is finished [1].
* Google Summer of Code - all remaining projects passed.

Blender 2.90.1
============
* The list of potential candidates for a 2.90.1 bugfix release [2[.
There appear to be some showstoppers in this list, no objections in
the meeting to go ahead.

Blender 2.91
==========
* bcon2 on Wednesday, September 16 - any major new features and
changes should have landed by then.
* Pablo Dobarro urges for workflow improvement for multi-objects to be
merged in time (T80402) - but they may be fine for bcon2 too if not
too close to bcon3.
* Potrace is still not in, and it is required by some grease pencil patches.
* Evan Wilson made a post about upgrading OIDN to v1.2.3 for 2.91 (it
may fix macOS crashes). Brecht Van Lommel will look at that [3].

Tuesday Team Talks
================
* There was the second round of Tuesday (modules) Talks last week [4].
* Tomorrow we do it again - placeholder notes [5].
* The goal is to do four rounds before we see whether to continue.
* This week Sergey Sharybin will host it this week.

[1] - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/2020-09-03-particle-workshop/15172
[2] - https://developer.blender.org/T80396
[3] - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/2-91-possible-library-upgrades/15360
[4] - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/2020-09-08-tuesday-talks-modules-meetings/15158