[Bf-committers] Code Quality Day - 4/Sept

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:31:31 CEST 2020

Hi,

This Friday we have September's code quality day [1].

The purpose of this day is to solve long-standing technical debt, and to
deploy new techniques and tools to help our work as developers. Over time
these practices should naturally be incorporated in the day-to-day code.
But the old code is nice to take the time for house cleaning.

We will carry on with the Clang-Tidy project [2], which is getting close to
be finished for its minimal core integration!

Tomorrow we will look into extending the rules with the modernize category.

The full(er) list of proposed tasks can be found ar [3]. There are also
possible quality improvements in the per-module basis.

Everyone is welcome to help!

For feedback on what to do, code review, and everything else we should use
#blender-coders in blender.chat.

[1] - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Style_Guide/Code_Quality_Day
[2] - https://developer.blender.org/T78535
[3] - https://developer.blender.org/T73586