[Bf-committers] Commit access for branch

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 11:43:48 CEST 2020

Fun fact, Geoffry designed the mempool library out of a desire to get
something that was more like the Mesh structure.  Anyway, I'm not terribly
wedded to a dedicated trimesh library (it's very basic code with an API
based off BMesh).  The important non-trimesh-related changes seem to be:

1. Don't set pbvh->leaf_limit too low.
2. Change active sculpt vertex "index" from an int to a generic intptr_t.
That drastically cuts down the usage of BMesh element tables, which is a
huge performance boost.
3. Attach pointer arrays to PBVHNode->bm_unique_verts, bm_other_verts, to
avoid iterating over GHashes.  Alternatively, inline the GHash iterators.
4. Support dynamically joining PBVH nodes.
5. Don't use BMLog to cache original vertex/normal data.