[Bf-committers] Monday meetings - feedback wanted

Julian Eisel julian at blender.org
Mon Oct 5 15:06:09 CEST 2020

Hey,

Was asked to give some feedback :)

I don’t have too strong feelings about this. The meetings don’t cost me much time really, I can at any point opt-in and raise a point if I feel like. So they definitely have their use. But I do realise they may actually take away quite some time from however chairs it.

Trying to do these meetings via video sounds interesting. Who would be part of these? Generally this could be useful so +1, but I see some issues.
While I learned to like video chatting for work topics (they *are* a productive way to discuss), I don’t like the idea of excluding people, or just assuming everybody is set-up and confident to do these. That’s not healthy work ethics IMHO, esp towards contributors.
We could just accept doing it in a small, exclusive group. But it should still be very transparent and opt-in. And regular contributors should be invited too.

Cheers,
- Julian -

Julian Eisel - julian at blender.org - www.blender.org
Software Developer