[Bf-committers] Patching the manual as a team responsibility

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 22:31:49 CET 2020

Hi,

I think what Jeroen is getting at is that SVN's branching support makes it
hard to use the scrum methodology.
While it is possible with SVN I think SVN just really is not cut out for
the intricate merging that needs to be done.
Migrating the bf-manual repository to Git has been brought up before and I
think this is another reason.
In the manual and with Git the geometry-nodes project specific commits
could be cherry picked from geometry-nodes to master.

I would like us to revisit T73394 (bf-manual: Migrate From SVN to Git +
Git-LFS),
maybe only give it a trial run as part of the geometry-nodes / scrum trial
run.
The major issue that comes with this is Git-LFS, so this would most likely
be a trial of Git-LFS.
If we can prove that Git-LFS works fine for our needs then there should be
no problem with migrating the project.