[Bf-committers] Support for 32-bit architectures

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:57:41 CET 2020

The difference is between:
* Providing active support for a processor architecture
* Rejecting or fixing code that only builds on a specific processor
architecture

Developers should not write code which e.g. relies on pointers being 64
bit, integers being little-endian, or adding an x86_64 intrinsic call
without the appropriate #ifdefs. That's not something you should wait on
the community to fix. It's a bug in your code, like a null pointer
dereference or invalid memory access.