[Bf-committers] Code Quality Day - 6/Nov

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:33:16 CET 2020

Hi,

Thought to give a quick update of what happened today.

- A lot of all-around cleanup From Campbell
- Jacques continued working on moving Blend I/O to IDType
- Sergey did various Clang-Tidy warnings
- Sybren looked into using Blender's C++ container types in Alembic/USD.
Turned out to be more tricky than it sounds. Moved to Clang-Tidy related
tasks.
- Sebastian Barschkis did general cleanup of fluid API
- Richard was working on solving ambiguity in frame variables naming in
sequencer.

One of the outcomes of Clang-Tidy tasks is that within the current version
of Clang-Tidy all readability and bugprone warnings on Linux are solved.
The new category of modernize warnings has been enabled! Myself, Sybren,
and Jacques handled some of the modernize warnings already.

I've also put some new ideas, currently under a text file:
https://developer.blender.org/P1756
Would be nice to talk about them with developers from modules and
either accept them officially or discard them.

Most likely I've missed someone's contribution. There were a lot of commits
happening, a lot of work which kept away from looking into mail.  Feel free
to send a followup here with your details.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin