[Bf-committers] Long-term support pilot

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Wed May 20 17:15:41 CEST 2020

Hi,
Ton posted today the current design for the LTS program [1].

There is also a new wiki page explaining a bit more the process for
the developers [2] (graphics may change to be more clear).

I'm now in the process of updating our process documentation to make
it all LTS compatible. For instance I had to add a bcon6 to the
release cycles doc [3].

Next steps:
* Finish updating triaging guidelines and related docs.
* Update release numbering (T76058)
* Presentation material (press media, web, ...)
* Dedicated build and release pipeline
* Confirm documentation branching and maintenance

[1] - https://code.blender.org/2020/05/long-term-support-pilot/
[2] - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/LTS
[3] - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Release_Cycle

Any feedback in these topics is welcome, here or in the code.blender.org post.

Thanks,
-Dalai-