[Bf-committers] Proposal of a 2.82b release (for bug fixing)

Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory nathan at blender.org
Tue Mar 31 07:06:23 CEST 2020

Hi,

I'm hesitant to do a corrective 2.82b based on the commits presented here. The
GPencil edit mode crash commit bug report T74969 already mentions in its
description that it worked in 2.82a. The commit fixes in code that was heavily
refactored in `master` long after the 2.82 release branch was created.

Similarly fix for T74876. The code that is fixed in efdc93fcc692 did
not exist in
2.82a.

I don't see a need for a release unless we get clear reports and fixes for
2.82a specifically.

Thanks,

/Nathan Letwory