[Bf-committers] Introducing myself and my GSOC Proposal/Application: Improve Compositor Performance

Harald Reingruber harald.reingruber at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:08:00 CEST 2020

 Hi dear Blender Developer Community,

I want to submit a proposal for the "Improve Compositor Performance"
project idea of this year's Google Summer of Code.

Right now, I am doing a sabbatical (since November 2019) and am enrolled at
the Vienna University of Technology. Before that, I was working as a
Software Developer for several years mostly on graphics related software
(Ogre3D, Unity3D, Augmented Reality Apps, Medical Image Processing, etc.).
I really like open-source software, was able to do some small contributions
to projects like Emscripten, Ogre3D, and several JavaScript projects. I
think the GSOC program is an awesome opportunity to work fulltime on Open
Source Software, like yours.

Due to the current pandemic situation, I hand to do re-organize and partly
reschedule my Coding Tour I was already starting in the US for the next
couple of weeks. This is the reason for my "last-minute" application.
Fortunately, I am able to continue the tour online, here from Austria. Here
is a link describing my tour
<https://dev.to/harald3dcv/pair-programming-tour-invite-me-for-free-sessions-sf-bay-area-5eci>,
in case you are curious.
Anyway, even though I am behind schedule for my GSOC proposal I hope that I
will be able to submit a successful application to you and show you that I
am able to succeed in improving the Compositor Performance.

The reason why I chose the "Improve Compositor Performance" project idea is
because I am a huge fan of writing automated tests and profiling&improving
cpu/memory performance.

Do you have any suggestions, tips and/or tricks for my proposal submission?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Harald