[Bf-committers] Wiki maintenance today

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:32:43 CET 2020

Hi,

It would appear that the upgrade went just fine, but please keep an eye out
for anything that appears broken.

One of the changes that I made was to move away from a git checkout of
the SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi extension, and switch to the now shipped one from
the port that we use for Mediawiki. This should hopefully simplify things a
bit on the back end, but keep an eye out for pages with missing color
highlighting. If needed, you can try purge the page yourself by appending
"?action=purge" to the URL, although I should really just purge the entire
cache locally ;)

I still would like to tune some of the Apache settings on the server, but
this shouldn't be anything that you should notice. We did appear to have
unusually heavy load, borderline abusive, yesterday on the www.blender.org
server, and then later that night the wiki was knocked into a 500, so there
may be something in need of a closer look (part of the reason for the
upgrade), but otherwise I guess you are safe to start editing the wiki
again!

Cheers,

Danny McGrath