[Bf-committers] Blender LTS

jeroen at blender.org jeroen at blender.org
Thu Jun 4 11:48:59 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

first of all congratulation on the first LTS release. I have been asked
to maintain Blender LTS during the upcoming period. I have written
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Jbakker/projects/BlenderLTS/ProcessDescription
on the wiki explaining a bit how it will be organized.

The process is written so it won't effect regular development. During
the upcoming period the process will be tested and stabilized. There is
also a task added in phabricator to execute and monitor the process
(https://developer.blender.org/T77348).

Any input is welcome using the devtalk topic
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/blender-lts/13642.

Regards,
Jeroen