[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.7.27
dalai at blender.org
Mon Jul 27 12:04:23 CEST 2020
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
3 August 18:00 CEST / 16:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on blender.chat.
For the complete report read it on:
* Job Openings at Blender 
* Official Blender Community Logo 
* bcon3 started last Wednesday, July 29th.
* Status update of the pending projects:
- Multires modifier layout [committed]
- VR scene inspection add-on updates [committed]
- Modifier option to preserve and interpolate custom normals [committed]
- Use consistent layout for custom operator UI [committed]
- EEVEE: GLSL refactor/cleanup [postponed]
- Add Object Tool [undefined, so far still part of 2.90]
* Brecht Van Lommel suggested making the Experimental panel not available
for beta/release builds. If anyone has any feedback on this, keep an eye
for when the patch shows up.
* Blender has 916 “Needs Developer Attention” issues at the moment.
* For next week, since it is the second bug sprint of 2.90, Dalai Felinto
will prepare a per module breakdown of this number to help the focus during
* It helps everyone if the modules can do a pass first, at least helping
classifying bugs/known issues and setting priorities.
Release Communication Week
* Next week, in parallel with the bug sprint, the communication team +
blender animation studio, will help prepare the final release logs, sample
files, video, …
* Developers are still to do the first pass for the wiki release logs:
- Jeroen Bakker will do performance graphs for the animation playback
- Sebastián Barschkis planned a short demo for the OpenVDB integration.
- If Add Object will still make into 2.90 it also needs
mention/image/video in the log.
Google Summer of Code
* The second evaluation is this week - from July 27 20h CEST, to Friday,
July 31 same time.
* Mentors are encouraged to talk to their students if they need any
clarifications before this evaluation
* Please don’t wait until the last minute to send the evaluation.
 - https://www.blender.org/jobs/
 - https://www.blender.org/about/logo/#community
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator
More information about the Bf-committers