[Bf-committers] Rack denial of service

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:03:24 CET 2020

Hi,

It seems that at, or around 9:25am EST, one of our servers started to
experience a large number of connections. Shortly after the rack appears to
have at least its inbound bandwidth (gigabit) saturated to the point where
almost nothing is making it to the servers, although outbound in some
established connections does at least appear to be making it out here and
there just fine.

Not much we can do about it atm, other than wait it out. By the time you
receive this email, odds are it was either lucky, or it worked itself out,
and thus is acting as explanation after the fact.

Cheers!

Dan McGrath