[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.1.27
dalai at blender.org
Mon Jan 27 11:50:11 CET 2020
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
3 February 18:00 CET / 17:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on blender.chat.
For the complete report read it on:
* Dalai Felinto will post early this week a post on code.blender.org with a
proposal for the 2020 big projects. Everyone then can discuss it throughout
the week and the official plan can be signed off next week/meeting.
* FOSDEM - Free and Open source Software Developers' European Meeting -
happens this weekend in Brussels (1-2 / Feb) . Ton Roosendaal will give
a presentation about Blender in the main track, while Dalai will present in
the game developer room (coordinated by Godot) a talk on "Blender Projects
Blender 2.82 - bcon3
* Blender 2.82 bcon4 is next week already (Feb 6, prepare release, release
on Feb 13).
* Everyone doing triage should keep an eye on showstoppers for the release
- if you find one in your area tag it with the 2.82 tag; if it is not in
your area, talk to the corresponding developer or with Nathan Letwory
(jesterKing) - who is managing the release.
* There is still documentation missing, if you think you won't be able to
work on it at the very least talk to Nathan so he can see if him and Aaron
Carlisle (blendify) can help out.
* UDIM by LukasStockner, for example still doesn't seem to be in the
Blender 2.83 - bcon1
* Reminder that features are to come in early, not in the end of the bcon1
The tracker curfew  is going well - around 1167 as of now. However there
are still plenty (721) of reports marked as "Tracker Curfew" .
Until this number goes down to zero we can't move to the second stage where
the focus can be on actually fixing the bugs, or to raise once again the
bar to what it is considered a bug.
>From these 721 only a few are properly tagged for projects. So everyone can
help with the initial pass (make sure all the info is there, make sure the
report is properly tagged, ... ).
* Christopher Anderssarian raises the concern that users not in the
"moderators" group cannot change the tags of a report. To be investigated.
* Sybren Stuvel would like a response from the UI team on T70457 (dopesheet
click-drag-selection deselects channels).
* Antonio Vazquez needs managing (classifying) the 5+2 pending of grease
pencil, since some of them are only marginally related to greasepencil. 
 - https://fosdem.org/2020/schedule/
 - https://code.blender.org/2019/12/tracker-curfew/
 - https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/query/AeigRvwWi8w5/
 - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/A_Bugs_Life#A_Fully_Triaged_Bug
 - https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/query/2ysASmUacN.P/#R
More information about the Bf-committers