[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.1.20
dalai at blender.org
Mon Jan 20 18:58:25 CET 2020
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
27 January 11:00 CET / 10:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on blender.chat.
For the complete report read it on:
Don't forget that starting next week, the "early" meeting begins one hour
* Platform maintainers check Brecht's email about VFX reference libraries
required updates .
* A new proposal for Unified Simulation System Proposal was written by
Jacques Lucke 
* Some devtalk.blender.org proposed changes to help separate development
areas and user topics are in place . Julian Eisel raised some issues on
keeping topics that are not strictly development related.
* New maniphest query to track what needs attention from developers. It is
the new default query, and tracks all that is open but "Known Issues" and
"Needs Information from User"  - this is also the query used to get the
number for the tracker curfew progress .
Blender 2.82 bcon3
* 2.82 Workboard was updated by Brecht with the missing documentations and
critical bugs . Mantaflow bugs were not visited, but Sebastian Barschkis
will tag them accordingly.
* Reminder to developers to at the very least update the release log after
commiting a feature .
* Aaron Carlisle (blendify) can help with the Reference Manual  update,
but it is up to the developers to be sure Aaron has everything he needs to
document the feature (help him with images, and pointing him where he can
learn how to use the features. If not sure about this contact release
manager - Nathan Letwory (jesterKing).
* Ray (LazyDodo) asked for review of D6542, which Brecht did during the
Blender 2.83 bcon1
* Bastien Montagne brings the attention to T73268. The developmenet team
should investigate other ways to make complex GTests, than linking whole
blend code over and over.
* Dalai Felinto brings up that we did a really bad job in 2.82 of spreading
new feautures throughout the bcon1 cycle. Let's not let everyone to the
last days again.
More information about the Bf-committers