[Bf-committers] Aligning with the vfx reference platform in 2020

Stephen Swaney stephen.d.swaney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 04:05:34 CET 2020

Following the VFX Platofrm for a year is reasonable.
The problem with doing it long-term is they are handicapped by their
reliance on Qt, something we thankfully don't suffer from.

Upgrading our dependent libs is a good thing (at least in theory!).

I seem to recall seeing a bunch of bugs related to Intel TBB on Windows
which makes rolling back to U6 from U9 a bit scary.  Although, newer is not
always better.  Ray would be a better person to comment on this since he is
in it up to his ears.

S.