[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.1.6

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 10:29:53 CET 2020

Hi,

> Original plan is to move to bcon3 this Thursday (9/1)

Regressions tests are to be passing prior to this.
Do we consider fluids officially broken and disable the test?

>  Pablo Dobarro mention that if the multires fix are not planned for 2.82
he suggests lowering the priority for review all other pending sculpt
related patches

Which exact multires fix? T58473? It does not affect the way sculpting
tools interact with multires and i don't see how that's a stopper for
improvements in the area.
If it's a bottleneck, feel free to pick the task up and work on a solution.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 7:45 PM Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
> 13 January 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC, in #blender-coders onblender.chat.
>
> For the complete report read it on:
> https://devtalk.blender.org/t/6-january-2020/11123
>
> Announcements
> =============
> * Starting this year/January, we now have Richard Antalik working fulltime
> :) (triaging at first, drifting towards VSE)
> * Tracker curfew is ongoing, devs remember to untag tasks from the
> #tracker-curfew project after triaging (move them to bug or known issue(
> /fixing them
>
> Blender 2.82 bcon3
> ===============
> * Original plan is to move to bcon3 this Thursday (9/1)
> * Grease Pencil / annotation patch needs review by then - D6467
> * Lukas Stockner says at least one UDIM patch needs review, specially the
> Eevee/Workbench patch (D6456) - other patches: D6465 (simple), D6492
> (packing, more complex, not priority) - Clement will try to look at it
> * Lukas will also work in UDIM manual in the coming days
> * Pablo Dobarro wants the IK pose brush (D6389) to be in bcon3
>
> Blender 2.83 bcon1
> ===============
> * Just a reminder that we then also start 2.83 bcon1 this week
> * Time when consider what to schedule in the modules roadmaps let's
> remember of the tracker curfew
> (so devs are expected to work 2 full days a week with bug triaging, fixing
> and patch review)
> This will impact the inflow of new features, but it is temporary
>
> Other
> =====
> * Pablo Dobarro mention that if the multires fix are not planned for 2.82
> he suggests lowering the priority for review all other pending sculpt
> related patches
> * Ray Molenkamp reminds every to run unittests
> * Happy 2020!
>
> Regards,
> Dalai

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin