[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.2.24
dalai at blender.org
Mon Feb 24 11:57:47 CET 2020
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Monday, 2 March 18:00 CET / 17:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
For the complete report read it on:
* Blender has been accepted in the Google Summer of Code this year
once again .
* Grease Pencil refactor blogpost and video .
* The User Interface and Usability mini-workshop last week was great.
** Asset Manager (T73366) is updated with the latest design.
** Particle Nodes (T73324) needs update in the missing topics (which
nodes are part of the milestone, how to tell local and "global" inputs
* Campbell Barton suggests two fixes could make into an eventual 2.82a release:
* T73898: UDIM crash changing form tiled to single rBd6977b5
* T73862: Fluid Sim file handle resource leak rB60890cc
* Developers to keep an eye on the tracker to see if there are more of
these (fixes or reports).
* There is currently a regression in master that affects add-ons (T74139).
* Grease Pencil refactor was sent for review. The code review is under
control, but the UI team is yet to look at it.
* Campbell Barton's proposal for keymap guidelines .
* Bugs are going up. Developers to stick to the 2-day weekly curfew
for bug fixing [ 5].
* Sybren Stüvel alerts triagers to be more strict on accepting
production files in the tracker. Asking for a minimal file is not
optional in these cases. Similar to reproduceable issues, if the
triager ends up with a better file, do share it [in other words, just
follow the "Life of a Bug document "].
 - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2020-February/050469.html
 - https://code.blender.org/2020/02/grease-pencil-refactor/
 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5_32K0_xs
 - https://developer.blender.org/P1271
 - https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2020-February/050464.html
 - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/A_Bugs_Life
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator
More information about the Bf-committers