[Bf-committers] [Bf-docboard] Docs: Migrating from SVN to Git + Git LFS

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Mon Feb 24 09:14:29 CET 2020

Hi Aaron,

I have personally mixed experiences with git-lfs (Unity project hosted
on MS Azure). I found it to be very easy to get a local local
repository corrupted if not adhering to a very specific set of tools.
For instance, in Windows whether I used git tortoise, git command-line
or Ubuntu on Windows bash I could get into troubles. My point being,
let's be extra careful when validating, trying with as many different
setups as possible.

That aside I thought the whole point of using SVN for the manual was
to make it easier for contributors. To have to teach SVN for hardcore
git users seems more anecdotal (corner case) than factual evidence. If
Weblate is tackled first then I see no problems of course.

Cheers,
-Dalai-
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator