[Bf-committers] Dev Fund - Communication guidelines

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Feb 13 10:03:08 CET 2020

Hi,

I mean with project members the people with commit access. It's not
publishing everyone's email address, it's about being able to verify
someone's identity.

If you prefer to separate your Blender work from your private work,
create a dedicated email address for communication with the Blender
project, but the default is to be approachable and visible.

Same rule applies here in Mailman btw! If you email the list, the
address you receive replies with is visible here.

Exceptions can apply, we can check on that individually. But being
visible and open as contributor to Blender is important to gain trust
levels for future contributors who work for studios/companies. I prefer
them to be visible in that role as well.

This (or other guidelines) can be put in a future CLA as well. Another
discussion for later.

-Ton-
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands