[Bf-committers] Dev Fund - Communication guidelines

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Feb 12 18:34:44 CET 2020

Hi everyone,

Blender's growing, we have around 20 people under contract currently. I
want to propose some friendly guidelines here to make that more visible
to the outside world.

Mainly for:

- people/companies who donate to the Foundation (to see what they donate
for)
- new people who join our channels and want to understand who is who

1. General communication guidelines for everyone who has commit access:

- articles about Blender (code, design): use code.blender.org or wiki.b.o
- discussions on Blender work: use official mailing lists,
developer.b.o, devtalk.b.o or blender.chat
- for developer videos: use the Blender Developers youtube channel (we
can give access)

Note: the recommendation to use blender.org channels for communication
is also to protect you. Blender Foundation is well protected and will
get high quality legal support if needed.

2. Guidelines for developers supported by Foundation or Institute:

- if you have a blender.org email address, use it for Blender work
related communication.
- use a clear mail signature showing your affiliation.
- for social media: use the hashtag combo #b3d #devfund
- if you want to share Blender work on your private channels, identify
your affiliation as employee of, or as 'supported by'.

3. For the future (Phabricator/Git)

- Enforce real names to be displayed on all communication at
developer.blender.org
- Show email addresses from project members (to visitors who are logged in)
- Show email addresses as 'from' for commit messages.

Thanks,

-Ton-