[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.2.3

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Mon Feb 3 19:44:34 CET 2020

Hi Julien,

The first thing about glTF2 was to assess where it was working fine (which
I believe it is, right?).

Second, how widespread it was in the industry. Unreal seems to support it,
but not Unity? But apparently Facebook is adopting it for anything 3d
related online.

Finally, there is some overlap with glTF2 and godot native blender-to-godot
exporter. Said exporter is currently not working [1]. But apparently there
is a real need for that exporter to be able to handle non-baked animation,
and to integrate things better with the Blender UI. The end-usage for them
is to be able to (from godot) automatically update an asset if the .blend
changed.

I also asked them about the status of VR in Godot, their OpenXR support
(seems to be fine), and for any contact in Valve. This way I can inquiry
Valve about their commitment to support OpenXR and if so any ETA for that.

[1] - No one has ported it to the latest Blender Python API - volunteers
welcome, go talk to the godot project about that

Regards,
Dalai