[Bf-committers] .git-blame-ignore-revs entries.

Ankit ankitjmeel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:47:55 CET 2020

Hello
I'm getting used to it.
I'll remove several commits soon, now that I have received the
feedback on the last commit, and will use stricter conditions in the future.

My premise
- for being lenient was that it saves other people from committing to
  the file which keeps the noise in git log low.
- for renames was that a refactoring tool was used
  with as little human intervention as possible.
- for clang-tidy being the auto-fixes feature that clang-tidy gives.

> All,

That's a new way of raising concerns on commits.

> but I really
> would still like to see smaller and clearly manual cleanups
> in git blame.

If I see "cleanup" in the title, the onus is on the committer to make
sure that it really is a cleanup. If that promise is kept, I don't see
why a cleanup commit interests you.

> Changes in this file don't even seem to go through code review.

I thought it keeps the overhead of keeping a utility file low.

Ankit