[Bf-committers] Libraries source code

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 13 17:29:34 CET 2020

Hi,

The reason is to protect software freedom in general. I don't like it
that for building Blender you are forced to use commercial sites
offering code. It would be different if we use established GNU approved
platforms.

https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html

https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria.en.html

I would find it really a positive statement if we copy all external
bundles to blender.org and build from there.

Nothing urgent though, it's politics :)

-Ton-
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Buikslotermeerplein 161, 1025 ET Amsterdam, the Netherlands