[Bf-committers] GPencil I/O Project: Request to integrate libharu lib to export PDF format

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:34:21 CET 2020

rsvg-convert (which uses cairo), is a utility that converts SVG to
PDF, it can create multi-page PDF's from many SVG's too.

If for some reason we need more control then a command line utility
provides, there are Python multiple options regarding bindings for
cairo & svg conversion.
>From what I can tell they can convert SVG to PDF quite easily.

Regarding bundling the conversion tools, if this it's only a few
studios with specific requirements, we don't _necessarily_ need to
include the conversion utilities with Blender, although this is a
decision we could easily change.

I'm not pushing for this as the final solution, just checking if it
might be a simpler option compared to taking on a PDF library that
isn't maintained anymore.