[Bf-committers] Code Quality Day - 4/Dec

Ray Molenkamp ray at lazydodo.com
Thu Dec 3 19:07:51 CET 2020

For the windows folks,

I have enabled clang-tidy for windows so you can now join in
on the fun, but there are some caveats that are important to
be aware of.

1- It will only be configured if WITH_CLANG_TIDY is on in cmake.

2- Only supported in the IDE, no ninja or command line support at
   this moment in time.

3- Disabled on build by default, it is really slow running the
   compiler twice, and it emits still a fair number of errors on
   bad code inside windows specific ifdefs. For those reasons
   you have to manually run it from the analyze sub menu.

If you run into issues using it feel free to prod me on chat

have fun tomorrow!

--Ray