[Bf-committers] Geometry Nodes and Point Cloud object

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Thu Dec 3 16:39:48 CET 2020

Hi,

Yesterday the first part of the geometry nodes was merged. You can read
more about it here:
https://code.blender.org/2020/12/everything-nodes-and-the-scattered-stone/

What you won't find there is that very shortly after the merge, we realized
we may want to roll back the point cloud object changes.

For the geometry nodes project that means the following:
* The tasks related to point cloud edit mode were moved out of the sprint
backlog and are up for grabs [T83231, T83232, T83233, T83234, T83235].
* We need to find a reasonable plan to support instancing for mesh objects
[T83357]

I will move point cloud back to experimental (i.e., revert: dc614c68ef
and ea74ed5a7a), but I would rather wait until the design for T83357 is a
bit clear and doable in the timeframe we have.

Thanks,
-Dalai-