[Bf-committers] Blender 2.90 as the new minimum guaranteed supported version

Dalai Felinto dalai at blender.org
Wed Aug 12 12:58:45 CEST 2020

Hi,

The 2.9x series will co-exist with the 2.83 LTS release for quite some
time. To prevent users from losing data unannounced, I bumped the
minimum version (D8488).

That means files saved with 2.90, 2.91, ... when opened in 2.83 (or
older Blenders) will show a warning.

We don't do this very often since most of the data structure is
preserved anyways. But for the first time we have a scenario where
users may move from a Blender to another and accidents are more prone
to happen in this case.

Regards,
-Dalai-