[Bf-committers] Heads-up for 2.83 bcon 3 today

Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory nathan at blender.org
Wed Apr 15 07:29:18 CEST 2020

Hey all,

A heads up that today we'll see the creation of the
stabilization branch for Blender 2.83 as we roll into
bcon 3. [1]

The following sha1's will be used to create the branches
of for submodules:

- Dev Tools (rBDT): 35dd27ded664
- Translations (rBT): c68481a509ea
- Add-ons (rBA): 6f49528c8364
- Add-ons Contrib (rBAC): 9468c406fb55

The final sha1 for Blender main repository will be
clear when I'm going to actually branch it, but at the
moment Campbell Barton landed several commits
just before this writing (and after checking with him
several more might still come). But somewhere HEAD
during this morning, right now that looks to be
the commit 5e05db3419ef.

I'll poke #blender-coders over at blender.chat when I'm
starting the process.

Please do read over how to use the stabilizing branch [2]
to refresh on how to go about with fixes.

Also check the workboard with work still to do for 2.83. [3]

Cheers,

/Nathan

[1] https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Release_Cycle
[2] https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Process/Using_Stabilizing_Branch