[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2020.4.6
dalai at blender.org
Mon Apr 6 12:30:55 CEST 2020
Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is
Tuesday, 14 April 18:00 CEST / 16:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on
Next week the meeting will be exceptionally on a Tuesday due to the
For the complete report read it on:
* Nathan Letwory started a proposal for how to handle LTS  feedback
* Welcome to the new contributors with commit access:
* Robert Gützkow now has commit rights for the Blender repository.
* Marco Pavanello now has commit rights for the Add-ons repository
to develop “Real Snow”.
* Michael Soluyanov now has commit rights for the Add-ons repository
to maintain themes.
Google Summer of Code
* The students' proposals are currently under review (until January 31st).
* Mentors to start reviewing the proposals, and claim the proposals
that they want to mentor.
* bcon3 is next week's Wednesday on April 15th.
* Nathan Letwory will prepare a workboard to reflect what needs to be
done still for the release.
* There are at the moment 25 known high priority bugs .
* Developers to fix high priority bugs in their area and find other
bugs that have not being marked as high priority.
* Final release schedule presented by Nathan Letwory:
** bcon1 April 15, 2020 (master)
** bcon2 June 10, 2020 (master)
** bcon3 July 8, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
** bcon4 August 5, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
** bcon5 August 12 20, 2020 (blender-v2.90-release)
* As a follow up for last week intention of making communication more
open there are a few new things.
* A new subforum in devtalk to register any meeting developers have
. These notes should be treated as public documents - readable by
someone not in the meeting. All developers are encouraged to use it.
* New changes in blender.chat to facilitate 1:1 discussions to happen
publicly (see next).
* Daily Activity Reports posted on blender-coders (blender.chat) with
the daily activity of the BI/BF developers. Contributors that want to
be included, just poke Dalai Felinto before 17h CEST.
* There are still no decisions on the communication channels for the
modules. Each module is still free to decide whether to use devtalk or
blender.chat or bf-committers.
* Threads and discussions were re-introduced last week.
* There are mixed impressions on how much they help or get on the way.
 - https://devtalk.blender.org/t/long-term-support-and-its-implications/12525
 - https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/query/lk7WGHM1kcR4/#R
 - https://devtalk.blender.org/c/blender/meetings-archive/18
Dalai Felinto - dalai at blender.org - www.blender.org
Blender Development Coordinator
More information about the Bf-committers