[Bf-committers] Developer meeting notes September 23, 2019.
Nathan 'jesterKing' Letwory
nathan at blender.org
Mon Sep 23 11:21:24 CEST 2019
Meeting notes for developer meeting in #blender-coders on
blender.chat. September 23, 2019. 10:00 CEST (08:00 UTC).
Let me know if anything is missing in either #blender-coders
or on devtalk.blender.org
Road to 2.81
Continued work on improving and stabilizing until October 10th.
* Triaging playbook  has been helpful already for some cases.
Users who want to know how to report bugs can look up the
process explained in this video 
* Rigify has had a rather large rewrite , so Alexander Gavrilov
hopes for intensified testing by users
New Features and Changes
Only smaller changes this week as we shift our focus to polishing
new features and stabilizing. About 90 bugs were fixed last week.
* Eevee and viewport optimization for drawing many objects and
instances, by batching draw calls. (Clément Foucault)
* File Browser: preference to open in new window or fullscreen,
and various user interface tweaks. (Julian Eisel)
* Render: the render display choice is now a preference, rather
than a scene settings. (Julian Eisel)
* Sequencer: new operators to easily create f-curves to fade video
and auto strips in and out. (Nathan Lovato)
* Pose brush now draws an origin preview. (Pablo Dobarro)
* Split brush settings for original normal and plane. (Pablo
* Icons for the new sculpting tools. (William Reynish)
* Python API:
* New `Quaternion.toswingtwist` to decompose a rotation into
swing and twist components. (Alexander Gavrilov)
* New `ImBuf.filepath` to access the file path of an image
buffer. (Colin Basnett)
Projects under development
Current timeline for 2.82 can be viewed on the milestone project
* Mantaflow is being worked on with 2.82 in mind (Sebastián
Barschkis, Bastien Montagne)
* Pablo Dobarro wants an initial design for multilayer/channel
painting. He will create a design task for that
More information about the Bf-committers