[Bf-committers] BF coordination meeting notes - 2019.09.16
dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:00:57 CEST 2019
Here are the notes from our private weekly meeting about the Blender
coordination work. If anyone has any point that would like us to
discuss, please let me know via email or #blender chat.
Participants: Brecht Van Lommel, Dalai Felinto
September 16th, 2019
* Complex test files
* All but Batch Cache Optimization got it, this may still make it.
* Patches that didn't make were either incomplete or sent too late.
* Case-by-case decisions on whether things can make in their incomplete state.
* Override user interface discoverability. Need more user feedback.
Need a tutorial for overrides, so users use it.
* Release notes can be finished now, it has only dry text, needs
images and videos.
* User manual needs update, poke developers, re-use the upcoming
release note images.
* Tasks for Jeroen regarding sculpting (split in smaller parts) -
general utility functions, per brush file. Weird naming.
* Fast shadows may need to come back, despite code complexity.
* NPR could be supported as 1st citizens, script nodes is not an
* Sergey to review Nathan's patch, get the current patches in.
Complex test files
* We need to bundle test files as we had in the past so vendors.
* Not sure if it is part of regressions (unittest) or benchmark tests.
* Port bug triaging playbook to wiki [Dalai].
* Welcome Bcon2, inviting developers for bug fixing, write the manual
and introduce the bug triaging playbook [Dalai].
* Get phabricator changes [Nathan].
* Check with Sergey if he is happy with release cycle [Brecht].
More information about the Bf-committers