[Bf-committers] Reusing the Blender Fund website for Krita

Kuntal Majumder hellozee at disroot.org
Wed Oct 30 12:01:22 CET 2019

Hi
I am Kuntal ( or "hellozee" ),  one of the Krita Developers. Recently we are
trying to figure out if we can reuse the `fund.blender.org` website for Krita.
I have successfully managed to host a local instance in a docker container.
Though with some hiccups. While trying to follow the instructions from the
README, I got the following error during the migration,

" ?: (urls.E007) The custom handler500 view
'blender_fund_main.views.errors.ErrorHandler500' does not take the correct
number of arguments (request). "

Not sure what it means, googled around a little bit, but all they talk about
is a function and not a TemplateView. Not being a developer who knows django,
I just commented out the corresponding handler and suppressed the error.

Also, I see it doesn't have a landing page, did I miss something or I need to
make that myself?

Other than that it looked fine, but to be honest I didn't test it much.
For now, here are the things I think we need to do to get it started,
 - swap Blender ID with our own oauth
 - rebrand the website for Krita
 - get a braintree account and integrate it

I would love if anyone of you could share a little bit about the areas which
needed to be touched and how much of work has to be done to get that running.

Regards
Kuntal M
https://hellozee.dev