[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2019.10.14

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 02:13:35 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
21 October 10:00 CEST / 8:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on blender.chat.

For the full report with images and the individual weekly reports:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/14-october-2019/9956

Meta-announcement
================
We will try post a single email on Mondays with the core points related to
the developer and the coordinators meeting. A more complete report from the
developer meeting will still be available on devtalk.

Announcements
=============
* Jacques Lucke presents a new design for particle nodes [1].
* Antonio Vazquez is working on input lag in Windows, for Grease Pencil
smooth strokes [2].
* There have been some issues with the devs working with the new branch
system. As mentioned in the bf-committers list, we will try to forbid from
the server side merging from master to 2.81. [3]

Blender 2.81 - bcon3
================
* It is time to remove all the done tasks from the module pages, so 2.82
bcon1 starts fresh again - Dalai Felinto
* Dalai Felinto will check all the bugs tagged as "Blender 2.81" to be sure
they will all be tackled in time.
* The Multires bug still need to be tackled [4] and is essential for the
new sculpting pipeline - Pablo Dobarro
* Mac build was broken (seems to be ok now) - we can use more developers
helping maintaining the Mac build system.

Blender 2.82 - bcon1
================
* We already have a few tasks  tagged as 2.82.
* Module owners are to tag more if they think they will be done in a
release cycle.
* The tasks priorties need update too: anything that we plan to do for 2.82
should be in the Medium Term as medium (yellow) or high (red) priority.

Other topics
==========
* We still need more developers - Ton Roosendaal.
* From there the meeting got sidetracked with talks about growth, training
of new developers and onboarding.

[1] - https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Source/Nodes/ParticleNodesCoreConcepts
[2] - https://developer.blender.org/T70765
[3] -