[Bf-committers] Should we change the splash image when the version number changes?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 17:28:30 CEST 2019

Hi Antonio,

What you propose is not really solving the problem. To have a new
splashscreen from 2.81 and still use the 2.80 splashscreen for 2.82
(master) would be even more strange in my opinion.

In a way what we have now is no different than having a stable Blender with
a splash, and master with the same one. Which is how we did for ages,
without any major complication.

So initially the plan is to change the splash only when we enter bcon5. You
do see a different alpha/beta version in the splashscreen, and that will
have to suffice for now.

All that said, I actually believe that the true reason to change the splash
at the very last moment is because there is a lot of expectations in regard
to that. So it is nice to align the hype of the splash reveal with the
release of a new version of Blender.

Regards,
Dalai

--