[Bf-committers] Should we change the splash image when the version number changes?

antonioya blend blendergit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:43:45 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Until now, when we had a version, the splash was changed at the end when the release was made. With the new way of working, the version is changed at the beginning and appears in the splash, and we follow the development  in the master branch. The release of the previous one has its own branch (blender-v2.81-release).

If we decide that master is the new version (in this case 2.82), the logical thing would be to change the splash at the same time that the version change is made, so the developing version would have a different splash. Now it is very strange to have a different version in the splash, but with the same image from the previous version. Perhaps that splash could be the definitive of 2.82 or something more generic like the one we used during the development of 2.80.

This is just an idea that I wanted to share with you to see the different opinions. Anyway, if you think it is not necessary, forget it.

Regards,
Antonio Vazquez