[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 2019.11.11

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 18:28:33 CET 2019

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's developer meeting. Next meeting is Monday,
18 November 10:00 CET / 9:00 UTC, in #blender-coders on blender.chat.

For the complete report read it on:
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/11-november-2019/10372

Announcements
=============
* 2.81 bcon4 is here. New valid bug reports are still coming in. Developers
are to keep an eye on the tracker. And remember remember to get your fix
reviewed before comitting, no matter how small.
* Tomorrow 12/11 would be nice to have a final call on whether there are
any show stoppers.
* If none, Wednesday (13/11) Nathan Letwory will tag, update splash and
call ahoy in time for a release on Thursday. If there are any issues the
release moves to Monday most likely (no releases on Friday).

Blender 2.81
==========
* Close to 50 bug fixes, great job everyone.
* If someone knows of known regressions/big issues that we won't fix in
time, please tag it as 2.81 or contact Dalai Felinto or Nathan Letwory. The
plan is to list any of them in the wiki release log page ("Known Issues and
limitations").

Blender 2.82
==========
* An experimental tab in the user preferences, for new features we want
committed but don't considered finished. Developers are encouraged to use
that for design exploration and early feedback of controversial changes.
* After 2.81 is out of the way we will put together the 2.82 roadmap.
Modules can start preparing a 6 month long roadmap. based on what they
think is doable by 2.82 by the current team. Please tag the tasks for 2.82
(or poke coordinators if you need a 2.83 tag created). And update the
module page accordingly.

Best regards,
Dalai