[Bf-committers] User interface and API freeze for 2.80

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Fri May 24 20:32:41 CEST 2019

Hey everyone,

It's taken an extra week, but now the last touches to the user
interface should be in place. There's a blog post on it here:
https://code.blender.org/2019/05/user-interface-and-api-freeze/

That means master should get bug fixes and optimizations almost
exclusively, to aim for a release in July. There's a few things we can
do for a little while longer:
* Improve tooltips
* Add presets (themes, studio lights, ...)
* Add API functions needed by add-ons

If we discover things that are broken and would require changing the
user interface or API to fix, we will asses the impact case by case.

Thanks to everyone who contributed! Things have come together really
nicely in the last month.

Thanks,
Brecht.