[Bf-committers] GSOC Project Idea

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:12:08 CET 2019

Hi Nathan,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Nathan Craddock <nzcraddock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The description for the outliner project on the wiki mentions, "the
> developers would work with users to find the most important usability
> issues and fix them." By this I'm understanding developers to mean the
> accepted GSOC student, along with their mentor, and other developers,
> is this a correct understanding?

That's correct.

> This leads to my understanding that the original project proposal will
> not include details on every specific outliner improvement that will be
> added. Further ideas and improvements will come from users during the
> community bonding period as well as the three months of development. Do
> I understand this correctly?

Yes, the proposal should have some specific things to improve, maybe some
of your own ideas. But it should also leave room for work based on user
feedback.

> Second, for the project schedule. I can make a good guess right now on
> what features and fixes could be implemented in which order, but will
> the schedule also be flexible? Would the submission window from March
> 25th to April 9th be the recommended time to fix the schedule, or could
> it also change after?

The schedule can be adapted at any time as needed. Planning software
development is hard, we just need a good initial guess.

Regards,
Brecht.